Pages

Falling Bobbles

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I love the Purl Bee and Purl Soho. On my last trip to New York I went out of my way to make a pilgrimage to the store, and if I didn’t have my son with me I would have stayed for hours. I love their aesthetic of simple, sophisticated patterns that are created out of beautiful materials, and if I ever win the lottery, I will be buying the $780 kit to crochet Bear’s Rainbow Blanket knit from Koigu Yarn, even though I rarely crochet.  Unfortunately, I have not won the lottery, so while I have knit several Purl Soho patterns, I have not often made them with their suggested yarn, much as I would love to.

Their latest pattern, Falling Bobbles, is a perfect example of their aesthetic. Simple, luscious, and pretty easy to knit. I really wanted to make it, but their suggested yarn requires  9 skeins at $24.50 each plus shipping. So, I ordered my go-to home dec bulky yarn, Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick,  and ordered 9 skeins on sale for $40 including shipping. It’s soft and wonderful, plus it’s washable.

I’m debating who to give it to. I have two lovely elderly ladies in my life, my dad’s sister and my mother-in-law.  It depends on how long it takes me to knit, and if I feel I can finish Meta in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment