Pages

A Realization

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I am not one for winter. This is not my realization; I've known this for a very long time. I have always had a hard time coping with the winter weather and darkness. You would think, being a knitter, I would love the season for wearing my heaviest woolens, but I don't. Spring I love. Fall, I would love if it were not followed by winter. But winter? I just want to escape.

I've come to the conclusion that if I manage to do the bare minimum in winter - get myself to work reasonably well put together (or at least decently dressed and clean) - anything else I accomplish is a real accomplishment. It's very hard to get out from under the electric blanket when I don't have to, and it's time to stop beating myself up for that. I have 8 more years until my son graduates from college, after which, hopefully, I can leave town for the winters for warmer climes. I cling to that hope every January and February, which are getting harder and harder to slog through as I get older.

All this to say that I've gotten terribly behind on my knitting tests, pattern releases and blogging. I am knitting, working on a new design, and planning more baby knits for the next generation making an appearance this year. I hereby declare that from now on, my New Year's Day is March 1, rather than January 1, the end of winter rather than the beginning, when I begin to feel myself come out of hibernation even if the weather is still cold and there is snow on the ground. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment