Pages

Melody's Cowl is live!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014





I'm thrilled to present my first test knit and tech edited pattern, Melody's Cowl. designed this cowl for my friend Melody, a non-knitter who accompanied me on my visit to Yarns Unlimited in Sewickley PA last summer.  She chose this worsted weight yarn, Berocco Vintage in “Pool Party,”  and asked for a design that wasn't too wide, and that could be worn long or doubled.

I classify this cowl as an advanced beginner project. The only tricky skills needed include  provisional cast on and kitchener stitch. I use the provisional cast on Aredna Holladay teaches on her blog. If the kitchener stitch is new to you, I highly recommend the free (as of this writing) Craftsy class “The Ins and Outs of Grafting.”


No comments:

Post a Comment