Pages

Letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Yesterday, I worked on the Level 1 mitten all day, to where I was almost finished.  Then I noticed the tiniest possible flaw, a spot where the yarn tail I had weaved in was just a little bit stiff.  I decided to unravel and re-sew it, and of course, left a huge hole that couldn't be fixed, at least not to the standards of the program. I was ready to just finish the thumb, wash and block the mitten today, but instead I am re-knitting the entire thing from the cuff up. It was of course, perfectly acceptable.


Even with this setback, the end is in sight for my Level 1 submission to the TGKA. The re-knit mitten is on the blocking board.  I've finished the swatches. I just need to type up the report and questions and package up the binder. I want to get it in the mail on Friday so I can move on to my next project.


No comments:

Post a Comment