Pages

Simple isn't easy.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

After a very long hiatus, I am revisiting the TKGA Master Handknitting Program. One of my goals for this year is to get my knitting skills to the next level. I signed up for Level I back when I was a SAHM (stay-at-home mom, for those unfamiliar with parenting board parlance), and now that I am again "between jobs" I ordered the latest instructions and started knitting up my swatches.

The MHK program is not for the faint hearted. I have been knitting for almost 30 years, and I am downright intimidated by the instructions. I have knit and re-knit the first three swatches at least three times, hoping to get perfect tension in my stockinette stitch. This is not an easy task.

I have no idea if these swatches will pass muster. To the uncritical eye, they look just fine. Yet to achieve perfection (or as close to it as humanly possible) in the simplest of stitches is the hardest thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment